Selling Your Home
NECESSARY & SUGGESTED ITEMS TO HELP
SELL YOUR HOME FASTER
- Carbon Monoxide detector in hallway (can be plug in type or combo smoke detector/CO2 detector).
- Smoke detectors in every bedroom.
- Double strap water heater. Ensure it is raised 18” if in a garage or an interior location.
- Replace furnace filter with new/clean filter.
- Service HVAC – call SDG&E for a free check.
- Clean all windows and skylights.
- De-clutter, remove items you do not use on a daily basis.
- Repair any plumbing leaks.
- Caulk around tub and shower areas where needed. Caulk around tub spouts and sinks.
- Repair torn screens, cracked windows and skylights.
- Plant colorful flowers in front and back yards.
- Repaint the curb address numbers.
- Install new numbers if they are faded or old.
- Repaint or replace weathered mailbox.
- Replace burnt out light bulbs.
- Repair chipped and missing stucco.
- Install missing receptacle cover plates.
- Ensure spa is clean and operational.
- Deep cleaning to include: window/door tracks, ceiling lights/fans, baseboards, tops of doorways, cobwebs, sinks/counters and tub/shower doors.
- Seal roof vents, if the vents are cracked or missing mastic